Cars should not only tell you what year they’re from, but they should also tell you about their driver. So, what is your car actually saying about you? It doesn’t matter if you’re into the vintage look, or you want to add a deck-out stereo or you just need a lift kit. Here are 6 of the top benefits of vehicle customization to help you take the next step.
What is Vehicle Customization?
Have you ever seen a great off-road truck or a classic car and found yourself with your mouth open? Would you believe us if we told you that most “classic” cars you see on the street these days aren’t really from the 1950s? At least, not completely.
Cars with a vintage look are usually customized to look as they are vintage but they have a modern motor. They might look like James Dean drove it, but they actually run like a 2020 model.
However, vehicle customization can do more than just give it a different aesthetic look to your vehicle. It all depends on your budget and your imagination! Read on for the top 6 benefits of vehicle customization.
1. What’s Inside
It’s always important to have a cool exterior. But you know as a driver that you spend most of your time inside the car. That’s why its so much fun customizing your car’s interior. You can choose the color of your upholstery and the style of your dashboard’s gauges.
Here are a few ideas for your car’s interior customization:
- Add accent lighting to your car interior. You can install LED lighting kits in any color your like. You can also add some glow to your control panels, underneath the glove box or any other place inside you want to light up. Having a professional install them is crucial, that way the lights won’t be installed in a place that can impair your vision.
- Change the fabric of your car interior. You can have your seats re-wrapped in leather, or any crazy print and color you like.
- Change the steering wheel. You can have an entirely new and unique steering wheel if you’re willing to spend a bit extra money on it. If not, you can just buy a steering wheel cover.
2. Accessorize Your Truck
It’s a fact. In the United States, we love our trucks, especially when they’re pimped out. With customization, you can add just about anything to your truck, from larger tires to changing the shape and look of your truck. You can get a cool looking paint for your rims and brake calipers to get the right look you’re looking for. Here are some other ideas for accessorizing your wheels:
- A new finish. You can choose chrome, aluminum, hyper-chrome, or painted.
- Wheel size. Large or small, you can add them to your truck. You can adjust the height of your truck depending on the wheels. Just make sure they’re installed by a professional, as the speedometer has to be adjusted.
- Give it a lowrider look adjusting the suspension of the truck.
- Pick a body kit. Your truck will stand out by choosing a body kit to change the shape and look of the fender.
3. Customized Paint Job
Generally, people first notice your vehicle’s exterior. By doing customization you are able to choose the base color you want. You can even pick a unique color as an accent or even graphics.
Just be sure to pick an exterior color that matches with your interior. A good rule of thumb is to pick your exterior paint to match the interior’s accent color. That way both color schemes come together for a clean and unified look.
By getting a custom paint job you can give your vehicle a whole new look without compromising your car or it’s performance. This is an alternative to updating parts and other features, customized paint jobs is a less expensive investment.
4. Window Tinting
Another aspect of your vehicle’s exterior that you can customize is window tinting. If the sun is heating up your leather seats, or even blinding you, you can change your window’s tint. All windows but the front ones can be tinted, make sure its legal to do so where you live.
5. Audio and Video Systems Updates
We think audio and video system updates are one of the most fun customizations to do because of the sound systems. You can take your music experience to a whole new level by selecting new subwoofers, speakers, midrange speakers, tweeters, and control panels.
If your car has a video system you can update the screens and speakers to make your passenger’s viewing a better experience.
6. Make Performance Modifications
Most people think the customization of a car is just changing how it looks. However, you can also make some modifications to enhance your car’s performance. You can improve your car’s horsepower. On the other hand, it is important to know that when you change the horsepower of your car, you can also void your car’s warranty. So make sure to check with Sudden Impact Auto’s experts to make sure you won’t push your car’s limits. It’s fun to run fast, but safety is the priority.